How to choose a reusable water bottle...
I was cleaning out a kitchen cabinet and realized that I had started to stockpile water bottles...ones I had bought myself, ones I received as a free gift for participating in some event, and ones I still have no idea where they came from. I had glass ones, plastic ones and stainless steel ones.
But I was clearly not using ALL of them and I certainly could use the cabinet space!
Here's the checklist I used to determine if I should keep the water bottle.
To stay, it had to meet all the criteria:
- Holds at least 16oz of water.
- Is dishwasher safe.
- Has a mouth opening large enough to get in a dish brush.
- Easily fits in one hand. (test by doing a bicep curl!)
- Easily fits in a cup holder.
- Can handle hot or cold beverages.
- Doesn't drip when closed and held upside down or laying on its side.
And the last checklist item? Is it pleasing to my eye. If it's all shabby or a bizarre color or shape, I have to be honest, I probably won't carry it around with me. And the nicer the water bottle looks, for some reason, I think the better that water tastes. Haha.
Are there other things you would add to this checklist?
Share your thoughts here.